Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A C-WHAT?

So, after the last two weeks of trying everything possible to induce labor... including RUNNING on a treadmill and getting odd looks at the gym every day... the contractions keep stopping. They start and hurt for a few hours and then completely stop, dead in their tracks. No baby.

I went to Dr. A on Monday for a routine check and we've got a problem...

It appears Baby Quinn and Mama Aubreigh are not going to be compatible.

It is impossible to tell just how big (or small) Quinn is at this point. He looks to be pretty average (6 or 7 pounds). But, these little hips of mine are still just that... LITTLE. Quinn keeps trying to push his head through that bony pelvis of mine, but he just can't quite make it. I am officially "due" tomorrow... but, it's just not going to happen. If no labor by next Monday we will have to schedule a C-Section. In Dr. A's words, "Dear, next week I think we are going to have a heart-to-heart." YIKES!

So, the blessing date for March 21st is cancelled... looks like Mama will still be in the hosptial. But, I am so grateful for a healthy boy. Who knows... if this baby comes out and is 10 pounds, I will shock the world! Biggest bummer of it all: C-sections limit the amount of kids a woman can have. But, nothing is set in stone... it is just a 95% chance I will need one ;)

5 comments:

  1. darn your small body. well I will make u dinners in the hospital so you dont have to eat their food and be your entertainment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Aubreigh! We hope all goes well for you! Let us know if there's anything you need. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont worry about being limited on kids. i thought the same thing after having an emergency c-section with mikenna and my doctor assured me as long as my c-sections went smoothly, i can have lots of kids. i am about to have my 4th c-section in june and possibly may not be done having kids. i don't know how many kids you plan on having but don't get discouraged. it's scary the first time, luckily you know ahead of time, but you will be okay and so will the baby. it is a painful recovery, but it's worth it. good luck, hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont know if i told you but i changed my blog address.. natelindsayteagan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I havent been online in a while.... How is everything? Do you need anything?

    ReplyDelete